Saturday, September 27, 2008

Tell Her What She's Won

Like Father, Like Daughter
Princess wanted to tell me about something that happened the other night. She came up to me and the first words out of her mouth were: "Get a load of this...."



Ruh Roh.
Last night on the way home, Princess suddenly pipes up from the back seat "When can I get a car?" First we had to explain not until she's older, then we had to explain that older meant bigger. At this point DH looks in the rearview mirror and Princess is sitting dejectedly in her seat, head on her hand. Pouting. Because she can't have her own car. At age 3.

We are in SO much trouble!



Ninja Cat
I finished another International Cat Hat layout. This one is a Ninja Mask for Japan. Thanks again for the patterns Wild Tomato.


Oriental Blossom by Kristen Smit; Japan map and title from Japan Template by DeltaDawn; Mat, paper, chopsticks from Sushi Bar by Irene Alexeeva; SBB Sketch 08/28/2008 by Lisa Branka; Fonts: Comic Sans MS, Konfuciuz Fat

UK and France are in this post.



Speaking of thank you ...
Several months ago, I announced that I won a blog contest put on by my friend, Wild Tomato. Back in July, I received my prize - some beautiful fingerless gloves. I have been quite remiss in my gratitude, so let me just say: THANK YOU WILD TOMATO !!!

Fetchings
Crumpled Solids by Laura Alpuche, Jump Knit paper and Grunge paper by Digitreats; Fairy Fresh date brush by Cuppycake Digital Designs, Tropical Flowers by Jessy Designs, Thread It staple by KimB; Template 8 by Jillian Zwick of JZ Designs; Fonts: Home Sweet Home, Bosox, BlackJack

I am always cold at work, and these gloves are perfect for helping to keep my hands warm so I can type. As a software and web developer it is very hard to work while sitting on your hands. :)

2 comments:

wildtomato said...

Your kid anecdotes are too funny!

I'm so glad you use the fingerless mitts! There's nothing more satisfying to a knitter than to hear that her gift is worn! You are very, very welcome. (BTW, the pattern is called "Fetchings.")

Love the ninja page!

LadyPatsFan said...

Whoops! Hee hee. I'll have to fix that on the layout. :)