A thunderstrom ripped through Oklahoma on Friday. I'd been at work about an hour, when BizP walked around the office, umbrella in hand. "Golf ball sized hail expected any minute. Y'all might want to move your cars." See, unlike The Golfer and his management buddies who park in an uncovered but semi-sheltered lot right next to the building, the rest of us peons park in an uncovered, wide open lot about a 1/2 mile away. BizP and OoRah decide to bite the bullet, pay the $5 for the day and move to a covered garage. They get to the end of the block, and it's raining pretty hard. OoRah decides, "Forget this, it's not worth it." and turns around. BizP lowers his umbrella to his waist, hoping to sheild at least some of the now-horizontal rain, and soldiers on. (Hee Hee - ironic word choice!)Sometime later, I'm standing at OoRah's desk, discussing the merits of whether I should have moved my car, when BizP returns. A drenched, dripping BizP holding his useless umbrella at his side. He issues us a well-appreciated warning. "I'm going to be in the breakroom wringing out my shirt. You do not want to come in there for a while."
Three cups of tea later, BizP is still shivering. I offer him my jacket, which fits him much better than in OoRah's. "Hey," I tell him, "at least I have a nice plain blue jacket and not something girly." Through chattering teeth he stutters "Do you really think that matters to me right now?"
I walked over to BizP's desk to check out his gift from V which, due to his forgetting to bring it back to work Thursday and my being out for the reveal on Wednesday, I had not seen in person yet. (More on this later, V did an AWESOME job.) At this point I see a sight on BizP's desk which demands that I hightail it, mid-sentence, back to my desk to grab my camera.

Yes, those are BizP's shoes and socks- drying on his desk. The pulled out insert makes the photo, doesn't it?

Now, with the shoes on the desk, our intrepid explorer is running around barefoot. I couldn't resist a photo of that.
As I'm standing there, taking photos of his gift from V, BizP makes an observation that completely floors me. "Hey look, the pillow is absorbing the moisture from my hinder."

Dude. I can't top that.
I might come close, perhaps, by mentioning that there were no hail strikes within 10 miles of our office or vehicles on Friday.
Not. one.
BizP has decided that he doesn't care if there is a Vibe-hating monster loose in the city, or if all the concrete in all the covered garages suddenly disintegrates and the buildings collapse - he is never, ever, moving his car again.
If he starts home now, he might make it by Thursday.
1 comment:
For the record, those socks took about 7 hours to dry out. The shoes were still soggy when I went home that evening, and the shoe insole wazzit still dripped water like a sponge when I squeezed it.
On the plus side, the attendant booth at the parking garage was closed when I left, so I didn't have to pay for my parking!
It's the only bright side I have from the experience, I have to focus on it.
Post a Comment